Automates torrent updates for you.
torrt automatically checks your favourite torrent tracker sites, where torrents are organized as articles (i.e forum-like tracker), to verify whether specific torrents have been updated (e.g. torrent bundling some TV-series is updated with a new episode), and instructs your torrent client to download new files.
torrt can function both as a console application and Python module.
Automatic updates are available for:
torrt is able to cooperate with the following torrent clients:
- Transmission (using built-in JSON RPC)
- Deluge (using deluge-webapi plugin - https://github.com/idlesign/deluge-webapi)
- uTorrent (using built-in RPC)
- qBittorrent (using built-in RPC)
torrt is able to send update notifications using:
- E-Mail (SMTP)
- Telegram (via Telegram Bot API) - https://core.telegram.org/bots/api
- Python 3.6+
- deluge-webapi plugin (to work with Deluge)
- python-telegram-bot (to run Telegram bot)
Table of Contents¶
- Console application commands
- Telegram Bot
Get involved into torrt¶
Submit issues. If you spotted something weird in application behavior or want to propose a feature you can do that at https://github.com/idlesign/torrt/issues
Write code. If you are eager to participate in application development, fork it at https://github.com/idlesign/torrt, write your code, whether it should be a bugfix or a feature implementation, and make a pull request right from the forked project page.
Spread the word. If you have some tips and tricks or any other words in mind that you think might be of interest for the others — publish it.